(click to tweet)
We learn a lot of things in school, but the emphasis is often put on the less practical pieces of information, rather than the knowledge that will really help you get ahead and live a good life.
On today’s episode, I’m going through some of the things that they should have taught us in school. I’m taking questions from the audience, to give you the information that is going to truly help you live the kind of life you want to.
We go through how to get investments, how to pitch, why you should hire an accountant, how to save money on taxes, and why education will be the ultimate way we can lessen poverty in the world.
(click to tweet)
Points to Keep In Mind
- The world needs people who are willing to say it like it is, and not to gloss over it
- On the flip side, if someone tells it to you like it is, you need to not get offended by it, but take the truth from it and use it to motivate you
- Good investors know that they should invest in the human above the business
- If you’re pitching a business, you need to tell a story. A story will make something relatable and make it stand out to the people you’re pitching to
- If you’re looking for investments, start with people you know. It will be a lot easier to get the first money from them
- Unless you have a background as an accountant, you should probably hire an accountant, even before you’re making a lot of money
- The best way to save on taxes is to own a business and write off expenses
- Never mess with the IRS. Don’t try to be tricky with taxes
- If you want to make a lot of money, you will pay a lot of taxes
- You can’t tax people enough to end poverty. Instead, you must increase productivity if you want to combat poverty, and the best way to increase productivity is to educate people
- The way you fix the most problems in the world is through education
- There are no solutions, only trade offs. So pick your poison