(click to tweet)
Do you read history? Today, most people don’t. Most people don’t read at all, but if they do read, it’s probably either light, fluffy novels or maybe a self-help book here and there. But what about history? What can a deeper understanding of history do for your life, in helping you achieve the best life possible?
Today, I’m going through some moments in history, and what can be learned from them. Because without and understanding of history, there really is no way that we can predict the future. But because history tends to repeat itself, if we develop an understanding and knowledge of history and the trends that come back time and time again, we can better understand the world around us, and make more sense of where it’s headed, as well as if current political decisions are likely to be a good idea.
"The reward should be emphasized in education to motivate students to learn" - Tai Lopez
(click to tweet)
Points to Keep In Mind
- To start learning history, focus first on what you enjoy
- History should be more about stories than dates and numbers to be interesting
- Show the reward before you teach in order to effectively learn, and want to learn!
- First you get the mindset, then you launch the business, then you get the money. The progression is important
- Use the HEXACO personality test to more fully understand personalities
- The C, which stands for Conscientiousness, is probably the most important attribute when it comes to making money
- Prudence (the ability to make good decisions)
- Parents are usually the worst thing for their kids
- Politics and Republican vs Democrat tends to have more to do with personality types
- Knowing history, and how it repeats itself, will help you earn more money and be more successful
- The mark of an intelligent person is to see both sides of a story
- Study history so that you don’t make stupid decisions