The Tai Lopez Show is now available on Soundcloud. Check it out here: Soundcloud.com/TaiLopezShow
(click to tweet)
Have you heard the saying “jack of all trades, master of none?” It comes from the idea that someone who tries to do EVERYTHING might end up not being really good at anything. It’s the idea behind specialization. Too many people are trying to be too broad, or are trying to build on their weaknesses, instead of recognizing their strengths and working on those, to optimize their results.
Then, work to surround yourself with people who have strengths in areas that you have weaknesses in, so that every area is covered. To spend too much time, energy, and effort working on your weaknesses will only be a waste of time.
Therefore, the key is to be able to accurately identify your real strengths, and this is something that most people have a very hard time doing. Listen to this episode to learn how to find your real strengths, and build on them, to live the best life possible!
(click to tweet)
Points to Keep In Mind
- The idea of authenticity is tricky, because it tends to mean different things to different people
- You can change part of you, but part of you will always remain the same
- You are what you are, and you have to build on your strengths
- You’re wasting your effort and energy if you’re building on your weaknesses instead of your strengths
- You can be very successful without trying to become someone other than who you are
- Very few people actually have a good understanding of their strengths
- A lot of people project what they wish was their strength, when it is not
- Society will tell you that you need to be one way, but society speaks in generalizations which are often not completely correct
- To find your strengths, go back to what people said about you when you were very young
- Make a list of all your goals over the last 18 months, and then be very honest about which things were actually accomplished, and which you didn’t really do
- Don’t beat yourself up over your weaknesses, focus on improving your strengths
- Surround yourself with people who complement your weaknesses
- No matter what your personality is, there’s somebody who is the exact opposite, and you should get around people like that
- Awareness about yourself and who you are is the most important, first step
- Find a balance in your life between all the things that you want, and allocate time